Moti Mahal Delux began its successful journey in the hospitality food industry more than five decades ago.
Now we offer to take you on this prosperous path. Together let us grow!
Innovative North Indian cooking was the driving force for young Karam Chand Sarwal to experiment and develop new concepts in Tandoori Cooking, way back in the 1930s and 40s in the bylanes of Peshawar of undivided India.
The tragedy of partition forced Karam Chandji to flee to Delhi with nothing but his skills as an innovative and creative user of the “tandoor”, an oven used by the common populace of North India. What was Peshawar’s loss was Delhi’s gain as Shri Karam Chand Sarwal established Moti Mahal in Darya Ganj, to put Delhi firmly on the Culinary Map of the world; creating new concepts and recipes, new ways of presentation of food and new lifestyles through new ideas of “eating out “ and entertainment.
Top Indian leaders like Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru , Indira Gandhi, Lal Bahadur Shastri, President Zakir Hussain and world leaders like President Bhutto, President Nixon, Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, Shah of Iran, King of Nepal and Soviet leaders Alexie Kosygin, Nikolia Bulganin and Nikita Krushchev, acclaimed Moti Mahal and relished the fine tandoori delicacies. In fact, Moti Mahal became a “must-visit” destination for the visiting dignitaries, famous Bollywood actors whenever they visited Delhi!
• Ashwani Shroff : A well-respected figure in the Industry, Ahwani Shroff has the experience and the passion to run a successful Fine Dining Restaurant. He carries the team on his experienced shoulders with constant innovation, which he feels is the crux of success!
• Saurabh Sarwal : The fresh, young entrepreneur bubbling with new ideas and an unmatchable enthusiasm that will take the Moti Mahal Group to great heights. With an innate knowledge of the food industry, Saurabh is assimilating experience of running a successful restaurant business.
• Salil Sarwal : After successfully completing a hotel management course in Switzerland Salil also completed a course in Hospitality from England. With his knowledge of latest technologies Salil rightly keeps tabs on the world trends of the restaurant industry. His broad vision and international knowledge gives him an edge to plan and implement international as well as national projects.
• Tarun Mongia : Top Restaurant Bar & Franchise Consultant who has given fruition to innumerable successful projects from concept to implementation. His team handles the smooth transition of projects from the drafting table to the glittering crowded restaurant filled with the aroma of success!
Visit his website : www.restrobarconsultancy.com
• Rajiv Vohra : Assistant Consultant
• Sandeep Kumar : Assistant Consultant
Corporate Franchise Manager
• Rajesh Kumar : Oversees all operations of the Franchise section of the group. Rajesh Kumar involves himself personally in all on-going projects to ensure that goals are reached in the planned time frames.
• James Abraham : Assistant Corporate Franchise Manager
• Rajiv Khurana : Assistant Corporate Franchise Manage
• Anirudh Arora : Corporate Chef
Anirudh insists upon the finest staff, preparation and ingredients for his kitchens at Moti Mahal. The one time personal chef to the Prime Minister of India has had a prestigious career, having gained experience in Mumbai’s finest eateries, and top Hotels such as Udaivilas, voted best hotel in the world in 2003.
• H. Shah: Corporate Chef
• Subhash Sarkar: Asstt Corp Chef
• Sanjay Kumar: Asstt Corp Che
Kitchen Supervisor: Subhash Sharma
Accounts: Gurdayal Singh, Sanjeev Santwani, Sunil Tiwari
Chartered Accountants: - SS Sindhwani
Legal: N K Handa
The Moti Mahal Group has pioneered the post independance Restaurant business in Delhi and the rest of India. There has been a paradigm change in the way food is cooked, served and also eaten because of the numerous "firsts" of the Moti Mahal Group. The most important being the inheritance of the creative skills of the Royal Mughal Chefs.
Some of these changes are recounted below :
• Pioneered Mughlai and Bar-be-que cuisine in Delhi.
• The now ubiquitous "tandoori chicken" was first served in Delhi.
• Became a must- visit, must- eat at place for Indian and International visitors.
India' s Ambassador to the world!
• Catered to State Guests and Foreign Dignitaries and became a favourite of many business tycoons.
• Keeping the tradition of sumptuous non-greasy, non-spicy yet delectable food alive, the Branches and franchisee restaurants maintain the same strict quality so that wherever you eat , it is Moti Mahal food!